repmgr 3.x releases in Postgres PPA for Ubuntu Trusty

От Jonathan Heard
Тема repmgr 3.x releases in Postgres PPA for Ubuntu Trusty
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Hi Folks,

   We use Puppet in our environments to be able to quickly roll out
identical Postgres clusters with repmgr - we've not built one for a
while but had a business need to do so on Friday and the build failed.
The root cause of this is because the Postgres PPA has completely
removed repmgr 3.3.2  for Ubuntu 'Trusty' (14.04) and replaced it with
repmgr 4.x which is a major release update with breaking changes to both
its configuration files and its schema requirements.

Is it intentional that the older version has been completely removed?
Version 2.x is still present so it seems to me like it's an oversight
that a 3.x package isn't there.

This is unfortunately a major headache for me because I cannot simply
upgrade to version 4.0 without updating our Puppet automation and
significant testing. For a consistent environment I'd also need to
upgrade all live databases in order to build just one new one :-(

I can't even find an old copy for the 3.3.2 package at the moment so I'm
faced with the prospect of building it from source which could easily
result in a slightly different binary unless I can replicate build
environment and configure options used for the original package.

Is anyone able to resurrect the 3.x release in the Postgres PPA please?
I suspect I'm not the only person who's going to be bitten by this :-/

Any help would be very much appreciated

Regards

Jonathan Heard