Re: Attaching database

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Attaching database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/15/22 08:56, Igor Korot wrote:
> Hi, Adrian,
>

> So any and all operations/queries performed before, during or after that
> will be done on (finance) catalog), because this is the "main"
> connection, right?

I think you are getting stuck on SQLite terminology:

https://sqlite.org/lang_attach.html

"Transactions involving multiple attached databases are atomic, assuming
that the main database is not ":memory:" and the journal_mode is not
WAL. ..."

That is different mechanism all together.

The closest I can come with alternate example is linked tables in Access.

You are working in one client connected to Server A that makes as needed
connections to Server B to move data back and forth. You are not
actually connected full time to Server B and your point of reference is
the connection your client initially made to Server A. So yes because it
is the "main" connection.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com