Re: pg_dump 3 times as slow after 8.4 -> 9.5 upgrade

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump 3 times as slow after 8.4 -> 9.5 upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
"Henrik Cednert (Filmlance)" <henrik.cednert@filmlance.se> writes:
> The last pg_dump with 8.4 took 212 minutes and 49 seconds.And now with 9.5 the very same pg_dump takes 644 minutes
and40 seconds. To it takes about three times as long now and I have no idea to why. Nothing in the system or hardware
otherthan the pgsql upgrade have change.

Can you get a profile of where the machine is spending its time during the
dump run?  On Linux I'd recommend "perf", but on macOS, hmm ...
You could use Activity Monitor, but as far as I can see that just captures
short-duration snapshots, which might not be representative of a 10-hour
run.  XCode's Instruments feature would probably be better about giving
a full picture, but it has a steep learning curve.

От: Igor Neyman
Сообщение: RE: pg_dump 3 times as slow after 8.4 -> 9.5 upgrade
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Using GROUPING SETS with more than one set disables predicate pushdown?