Re: regarding schema only migration from sqlserver to postgres with runmtk.sh

От Neil Anderson
Тема Re: regarding schema only migration from sqlserver to postgres with runmtk.sh
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2016-06-16 11:13 AM, Durgamahesh Manne wrote:
> yes sir
>
> as per above discussion..i already looked pdf postgres plus guide you
> mentioned
>
> as well as i already set password for postgres user associated with
> postgres db
>
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 8:30 PM, Durgamahesh Manne
> <maheshpostgres9@gmail.com <mailto:maheshpostgres9@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     hi
>     sir
>     as per above discussion same error repeated even mentioned ip
>     address of hostname
>
>     ./runMTK.sh -sourcedbtype sqlserver -targetSchema public -schemaOnly
>     -allTables dbo
>

>     TARGET_DB_URL=jdbc:postgresql://192.168.168.201:5432/raghu
>     <http://192.168.168.201:5432/raghu>
>     TARGET_DB_USER=postgres
>     TARGET_DB_PASSWORD=*****
>

>     Connecting with source SQL Server database server...
>     Connected to Microsoft SQL Server, version '10.50.1600'
>     Connecting with target EnterpriseDB database server...
>     MTK-10045: The URL specified for the "target" database is invalid.
>     Check the connectivity credentials.
>     Stack Trace:
>     com.edb.MTKException: MTK-10045: The URL specified for the "target"
>     database is invalid.
>     Check the connectivity credentials.
>
>     On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 7:55 PM, David G. Johnston
>     <david.g.johnston@gmail.com <mailto:david.g.johnston@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 10:19 AM, Durgamahesh Manne
>         <maheshpostgres9@gmail.com <mailto:maheshpostgres9@gmail.com>>wrote:
>

>             sir
>
>             PostgreSQL always no1 in world
>             as per above discussion
>
>             migration not working from sql to postgreSQL  with runmtk.sh
>

>             Connecting with source SQL Server database server...
>             Connected to Microsoft SQL Server, version '10.50.1600'
>             Connecting with target EnterpriseDB database server...
>             MTK-10045: The URL specified for the "target" database is
>             invalid.
>             Check the connectivity credentials.
>             Stack Trace:
>             com.edb.MTKException: MTK-10045: The URL specified for the
>             "target" database is invalid.
>             Check the connectivity credentials.
>

>             same error repeated even there mentioned correct credentials
>             as here i checked multiple times
>

>         ​Maybe you should try using an IP address instead of a host name.
>
>         David J.​

I've never used this tool so like everyone else I am guessing here but
having quickly looked at the documentation have you tried specifying the
'-targetdbtype postgres' in addition to the '-sourcedbtype sqlserver'
that you have already specified?

Neil A

Сообщение: Re: regarding schema only migration from sqlserver to postgres with runmtk.sh
Сообщение: Re: regarding schema only migration from sqlserver to postgres with runmtk.sh