Re: INSERT ... VALUES... with ORDER BY / LIMIT

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: INSERT ... VALUES... with ORDER BY / LIMIT
Дата
Re: INSERT ... VALUES... with ORDER BY / LIMIT  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hitoshi Harada <umi.tanuki@gmail.com> writes:
> DEFAULT is disallowed now in such VALUES list, but we can explain it
> is allowed in a "simple" VALUES of INSERT case.

I don't think we really need to explain anything.  This is per spec;
if you trace the way that a DEFAULT expression can appear in INSERT,
it's treated as a <contextually typed value specification>,
which appears in <contextually typed table value constructor>,
which is VALUES and nothing else.