Re: MVCC and index-only read

От Scara Maccai
Тема Re: MVCC and index-only read
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> FWIW, I believe that count(*) is pretty slow in Oracle too.

Well COUNT was only an example. I think (but I'm not sure AT ALL) that

SELECT A FROM myTAB where A <10000

only uses the index (if there's an index defined for A) in Oracle.

But mine was just curiosity... which I think you and Sam answered.

Thank you.

      Unisciti alla community di Io fotografo e video, il nuovo corso di fotografia di Gazzetta dello sport:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/iofotografoevideo