Re: select limit error in file_fdw

От Erik Rijkers
Тема Re: select limit error in file_fdw
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2018-12-16 16:52, Tom Lane wrote:
> Erik Rijkers <er@xs4all.nl> writes:
>> On 2018-12-16 07:03, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Um ... this example works for me, in both HEAD and v11 branch tip.
>>> Moreover, the behavior you describe is exactly what ffa4cbd623 was
>>> intended to fix.  Is there any chance that you got 11.1 and v11
>>> branch tip mixed up?
>
>> [ nope ]
>> On the other hand, in that test.sh, have you tried enlarging the test
>> table?
>
> Yeah, I tried sizes ranging up to 1m tuples without success.
>
> However, something else occurred to me this morning, and a bit
> later I can reproduce the problem!  I did it by changing the
> table's definition to use a shell pipeline:
>
>      program       'unzip -p \"/tmp/t.zip\" \"tmp/t.txt\" | cat'
>
> ERROR:  program "unzip -p "/tmp/t.zip" "tmp/t.txt" | cat" failed
> DETAIL:  child process exited with exit code 141

curious...

Adding that ' | cat' tail makes all 3 instances (that I have tried)
fail:
   11.1 as released,
   REL_11_STABLE, and
   instance from d56e0fde

/bin/sh seems to be dash, here.

bash version is:
$ /bin/bash --version
GNU bash, version 4.4.12(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Alternative to \copy in psql modelled after \g