PHP: query with parameter for SET

От Ray O'Donnell
Тема PHP: query with parameter for SET
Дата
Re: PHP: query with parameter for SET  (Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi everyone,

Using PHP (or indeed maybe more generally), is it possible to issue a
SET TIME ZONE statement with a parameter for the new runtime setting?

In a PHP application I'm issuing a SET TIME ZONE command just after the
database connection is created, and for security I'd like to pass the
time zone value in a parameter, as it's coming from a configuration file
- something like this:

     $pdo = new PDO(/* DSN goes here */);

     $statement = $pdo->prepare('set time zone :tz');
     $statement->execute([':tz' => 'Europe/Dublin']);

However, in the logs I see:

ERROR:  syntax error at or near "to" at character 15
STATEMENT:  set time zone $1

Is this possible? I've also tried the "set timezone ..." variant with
similar results. I'm wondering too if the limitation (if such it is) is
in PHP or whether it's a Postgres thing.

Thanks,

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell // Galway // Ireland