Re: Fwd: Annoying corruption in PostgreSQL.

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: Fwd: Annoying corruption in PostgreSQL.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/27/23 23:10, Kirill Reshke wrote:

> Sorry, seems that i replied only to Tomas, so forwarding message.

OK.

> 3) It is always about VACUUM FULL (FREEZE/VERBOSE/ANALYZE) / autovacuum.

Hmm, so it's always one of these VACUUM processes complaining?

> We have physical backups and we can PITR. But restoring a cluster to
> some point in the past is a bit of a different task: we need our
> client's approval for these operations, since we are a Managed DBs Cloud
> Provider. Will try to ask someone.

That's what I'd try, to get some sense of what state the vacuum saw,
what were the transactions modifying the TOAST + parent table doing,
etc, how much stuff the transactions did, if maybe there are some
aborts, that sort of thing. Hard to try reproducing this without any
knowledge of the workload. The WAL might tell us if

How often do you actually see this issue? Once of twice a week?

Are you using some extensions that might interfere with this?

And you mentioned you're running large number of clusters - are those
running similar workloads, or are they unrelated?

Actually, can you elaborate why are you running VACUUM FULL etc? That
generally should not be necessary, so maybe we can learn something about
that about your workload.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra