Re: [HACKERS] 6.6 release

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] 6.6 release
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

>> The branch should be created on release, not after the release, else the
>> branch is useless...sorry, think I said something wrong
>> originally...didn't mean 'on beta', meant 'on release'...

> No.

Bruce is right: we should delay making a branch for REL7_0 patches
until people are ready to start committing new features for 7.1.
I'm guessing that would be a month or two after formal release of 7.0.
We did that after the 6.5 release (IIRC, we didn't make the branch
until around the time of 6.5.2) and I thought it worked just great;
saved a lot of double-patching.