Re: Fwd: Default pg_autovacuum config glitches

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Fwd: Default pg_autovacuum config glitches
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone.bigpanda.com> writes:
> The postmaster's seems to have a section that does a null device open,
> dup2s and a close at the end of pmdaemonize in the 7.4 and 7.5 versions on
> my box:

Yes, and that behavior is exactly why we deprecate -S ... I don't think
that the autovacuum daemon should emulate it.

This is all moot though since we seem to have a consensus that the
autovac daemon will become a postmaster child in 7.5.  There is
therefore no reason for it to worry about daemonizing itself.

Сообщение: Re: Fwd: Default pg_autovacuum config glitches
Сообщение: Re: Fwd: Default pg_autovacuum config glitches