Re: [BUGS] Out of memory error causes Abort, Abort tries to allocate memory

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [BUGS] Out of memory error causes Abort, Abort tries to allocate memory
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> writes:
>> Wasteful how? Do you mean that it would clutter the code, or that it
>> would cause unnecessary overhead?

> Well, it'd be an extra however-many-KB of memory for each backend that
> would mostly go unused.  The rest of a backend's working memory pretty
> much pulls its weight, but a TransactionAbortContext wouldn't.  OTOH,
> maybe these days a few dozen KB isn't worth worrying about.

After further thought I concluded that overloading ErrorContext for this
purpose is way too risky, so I've committed changes that create a
separate context for AbortTransaction to use:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2006-11/msg00199.php

I think the patch would apply cleanly to 8.1 but have not got time to
check it now.  Less sure about older branches.  Are we excited about
trying to back-patch this?  I think it'd really need rather more testing
before I'd want to stick it into the stable branches ...