Re: Remove double check when field_name is not NULL in be-secure-openssl.c

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Remove double check when field_name is not NULL in be-secure-openssl.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 15 Sep 2021, at 10:06, tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com wrote:

> Attached a small fix to remove double check when field_name is not NULL in be-secure-openssl.c.
> The double check is introduced in 13cfa02f7 for "Improve error handling in backend OpenSSL implementation".

The proposal removes a second == NULL check on field_name in the case where
OBJ_nid2sn() returns an ASN1_OBJECT.  This is not in a hot path, and the ASM
generated is equal under optimization levels so I don't see the value in the
code churn and the potential for collisions during backpatching around here.