Re: postmaster crash

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: postmaster crash
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Michael Beckstette" <mbeckste@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE> writes:
> from time to time my postmaster crashes with the below mentioned errormessage.

> DEBUG:  MoveOfflineLogs: remove 0000000D000000A3
> FATAL 2:  MoveOfflineLogs: cannot read xlog dir: Invalid argument

Hmm.  I cannot see a reason for the xlog directory to be unreadable,
especially not if it's readable most of the time.

The code that is reporting this failure is in MoveOfflineLogs() in
src/backend/access/transam/xlog.c.  You could maybe add some
additional debug logging there to try to understand what is going wrong
... but I sure don't see any reason for readdir() to fail, especially
not if it's succeeded on previous calls --- and your log indicates it's
succeeded at least once.

Are you perhaps running Postgres over an NFS mount?  That's widely
considered unreliable.