Client encoding mismatch

От Андрей Репко
Тема Client encoding mismatch
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hello,

 I setup pg8.1dev1, but when I try to connect via ODBC driver I had receive
 the message that look like: 'Error while initializing provider.
 Client encoding mismatch'. First part was on Russian, so it may look
 at English with small difference.
 Database server is PostgreSQL 8.1beta1 on i686-pc-mingw32
 DB encoding is WIN. (was restored from dump (8.0.3), that contain at begin
 string "SET client_encoding = 'WIN';")
 Version of ODBC 8.00.01.01 from 05.03.2005.
 Default encoding in my WinXP is Russian, locale and the same is
 Russian too.
 Test was made by creating simple .udl file and trying to Test
 connection.

 PS Connecting to template0 provide the same result.

--
С наилучшими пожеланиями,
  Репко Андрей Владимирович       mailto:repko@sart.must-ipra.com