Re: how to insert multiple rows and get the ids back in a temp table (pgplsql)?

От Bret Green
Тема Re: how to insert multiple rows and get the ids back in a temp table (pgplsql)?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
No I do need it inside pgplsql. I need pgplsql for other stuff.

From: Alban Hertroys <dalroi@solfertje.student.utwente.nl>
To: Bret Green <bret.green@yahoo.com>
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Sent: Sun, September 19, 2010 9:25:46 AM
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] how to insert multiple rows and get the ids back in a temp table (pgplsql)?

On 19 Sep 2010, at 3:43, Bret Green wrote:

> how can I do the following in plpgsql?
>
> insert multiple rows in a table
>
> get the ids (serial) into a temp table (not the client)
>

> for one row it will be like this
>
> insert into mytable(mycolumn)values(123)returning id into some_variable;

You can do that for multiple rows just fine, you don't even need plpgsql for that:

development=> \d test
    Table "public.test"
Column |  Type  | Modifiers
--------+---------+-----------
i      | integer |

development=> INSERT INTO test (i) select x from generate_series(4, 10) t(x) ret
urning i;

----
  4
  5