Re: Numeric 508 datatype

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Numeric 508 datatype
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
> Wow, check this out:
>     test=> SELECT CAST (pow(10::numeric, 10000) + 1 AS TEXT)
> It works fine!  I have all the digits, and the trailing 1.0:
>     000001.0000000000000000
> while SELECT pow(10::numeric, 10000) fails.

That's just about as wacky as can be, because numeric_text() is
implemented on top of numeric_out() ... there's no way that numeric_out
can be delivering the wrong answer if the cast produces the right text.
So somewhere between numeric_out and the delivery to the client,
something's getting confused.  I think it's time you got out your
debugger and started tracing through the backend ...