Re: BUG #7756: When upgrading postgis extension get row is too big: size 9272, maximum size 8160

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #7756: When upgrading postgis extension get row is too big: size 9272, maximum size 8160
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Paragon Corporation" <lr@pcorp.us> writes:
> Attached is a fake_postgis extension that you can just copy the files to
> your extension folder that can produce the error if you run the below:

Great, thanks for the test case.

> I assumed that the :
> pg_catalog.pg_extension_config_dump
> Calls would overwrite each subsequent for a given object for a given
> extension.  So I have that in my upgrade script as well should we add more
> spatial_ref_sys records we want to avoid dumping.
> It seems it just adds.

It probably should overwrite --- this is something we simply didn't
consider in the original coding.

The other case I was considering is that ALTER EXTENSION DROP should
probably remove any extconfig entry for a table that you disassociate
from the extension.