Re: triggers vs b-tree

От Joris Dobbelsteen
Тема Re: triggers vs b-tree
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I believe you should design it in a slightly different way:

It seems you are quite new (or unfamiliar) to databases.
Are you familiar with "Database Normalization"?

Read this:
http://databases.about.com/od/specificproducts/a/normalization.htm
(Handles all you need)
http://www.phlonx.com/resources/nf3/
(Gives better examples up to 3th normal form)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Database_normalization
(Wikipedia does not seem to be too good, but it works)

After reading this carefully you should know what option you should
take. The answer is right in there, but there is a lot more useful
information too.

- Joris