Re: Autovacuum Improvements

От Joris Dobbelsteen
Тема Re: Autovacuum Improvements
Дата
Список pgsql-general

[snip]
>I would go one step further and suggest that when the
>maintenance window system gets completed we give it a default
>setup of midnight to 6AM or something like that.

Do not do that...
For this reason:
* Any serious database administrator will read the documentation and
take the time to configure the system for such a setup. The setup will
be specific to his/her demands, competing with the backup window
perhaps.
* Any new user, developers and hobbiests don't need such things to
increase performance a little and several most likely turn off their
systems during the night. This effectively results in people that get
serious problems using postgresql, because vacuum never runs. You know
who they will blame for it.

Just my opinion...

- Joris