Re: [17] CREATE SUBSCRIPTION ... SERVER

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: [17] CREATE SUBSCRIPTION ... SERVER
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2024-01-23 at 15:21 +0530, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
> I am with the prefix. The changes it causes make review difficult. If
> you can separate those changes into a patch that will help.

I ended up just removing the dummy FDW. Real users are likely to want
to use postgres_fdw, and if not, it's easy enough to issue a CREATE
FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER. Or I can bring it back if desired.

Updated patch set (patches are renumbered):

  * removed dummy FDW and test churn
  * made a new pg_connection_validator function which leaves
postgresql_fdw_validator in place. (I didn't document the new function
-- should I?)
  * included your tests improvements
  * removed dependency from the subscription to the user mapping -- we
don't depend on the user mapping for foreign tables, so we shouldn't
depend on them here. Of course a change to a user mapping still
invalidates the subscription worker and it will restart.
  * general cleanup

Overall it's simpler and hopefully easier to review. The patch to
introduce the pg_create_connection role could use some more discussion,
but I believe 0001 and 0002 are nearly ready.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

Вложения