Re: [HACKERS] pgbench: Skipping the creating primary keys after initialization

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pgbench: Skipping the creating primary keys after initialization
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> writes:
> If we want to create other tables and load data to them as we want we
> can do that using psql -f. So an alternative ways is having a flexible
> style option for example --custom-initialize = { [load, create_pkey,
> create_fkey, vacuum], ... }. That would solve this in a better way.

FWIW, I like that significantly better than your original proposal.
It'd allow people to execute parts of pgbench's standard initialization
sequence and then do other things in between (in psql).  Realistically,
that's probably about as much win as we need here --- if you're veering
far enough away from the standard scenario that that doesn't do it for
you, you might as well just write an all-custom setup script in psql.