installing with readline

От Johnson, Shaunn
Тема installing with readline
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Howdy:

Installing PostgreSQL 7.3 on RedHat Linux 7.2.

I'm trying to do an install with readline, but, I keep getting
an error when I run the configure step.

[ snip from config.log ]
configure:5883: result: no
configure:5890: error: readline library not found
If you have readline already installed, see config.log for details on the
failure.  It is possible the compiler isn't looking in the proper directory.
Use --without-readline to disable readline support.

[ /snip ]

I thought I had it, but, decided to upgrade the readline
RPM just the same.

[snip rpm info]

[root@hmp2 postgresql-7.3]# rpm -qa readline
readline-4.3-3

[root@hmp2 postgresql-7.3]# rpm -qa readline-devel
readline-devel-4.3-3

[/snip rpm info]

--Then, I figured that I'd put in the path to where readline
--was (first it was just the library then I put in the include path)

[snip from config.log ]
$ ./configure --prefix=/raid/pgsql --enable-multibyte --with-libraries=/usr/lib
--with-includes=/usr/include/readline --with-perl --enable-odbc
--with-openssl=/usr/bin --with-pam --enable-syslog

[/snip from log]

I'm trying to do a 'make clean' and start over, but, I am seeing a
message saying that I have to run './configure' first.

Any suggestions on how to add this?

Thanks!

-X