Re: Error while dropping a table

От Johnson, Shaunn
Тема Re: Error while dropping a table
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Thanks for the reply:

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]

[snip rest of email]

--Okay, but now, how do I find out what client is holding
--the table hostage?  Generally, I would do something like
--'pg_query' and see what people are doing and against
--whatever table ... but it doesn't appear to be the case
--in this matter.

--Any particular method in finding this out?

This suggests that you've got some other backend that's been sitting
in an open transaction for a long time.  While that isn't directly
harmful, it'll probably be blocking VACUUM, so you might want to
figure out which client is holding the open transaction and zap it.

                        regards, tom lane

--Thanks again!

-X