parsing relname in pg_class

От Johnson, Shaunn
Тема parsing relname in pg_class
Дата
Re: parsing relname in pg_class  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
Howdy:

Running Postgres 7.1.3 on RedHat 7.2 kernel 2.4.7 rel. 10.

I'm writing a perl script where I only want to parse
out a list of tables from the database I'm connecting
to.

I'm doing something like this:

[snip]

select relname from pg_class
where relname not like '%_i%';

[/snip]

And that will get me halfway, but I still get a list
of tables with numbers attached and primary keys and the
like (for instance, what is pg_toast?)

Is there an easier way to get a list of the tables ONLY
with a select statement?  I don't think I can pass a "\d"
as a variable and get a return and I don't want to make
a case statement for every possibility.

PS: If this comes through as a MIME-type email, let me know -
I'm trying to stop that (using M$ Outlook '97).
Thanks!

-X