Postgres 7.1.3 and pg_dump / pg_restore

От Johnson, Shaunn
Тема Postgres 7.1.3 and pg_dump / pg_restore
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Howdy:

We are currently running Postgres 7.1.3 on Mandrake Linux 8.0, kernel
version 2.4.16.  Also, we are trying to load migrate data to RedHat Linux
7.2, kernel 2.4.7.

We are currently doing something close to this:

[snip]

[snip]

A new table gets created and it seems fine.  When we try to do a pg_dump of
the entire database, the process goes along fine until it comes to a few errors.
For example, the backend error comes up when, say, Postgres can not find
a sequence name, or, if a table is seemingly corrupt.

There has got to be a better way to dump the database from Server A to Server B
without a lot of interruptions and errors.  Has anyone else tried to dump and
restore a database from one server to the next?  Any tips are appreciated!

Thanks!
-X

Сообщение: Re: Postgres 7.1.3 and new kernel
Сообщение: Re: Postgres 7.1.3 and new kernel