Tuple too big ?

От Johnson, Shaunn
Тема Tuple too big ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Howdy:

Question -

I'm running Postgres 7.1.3 on Mandrake Linux 8.0,
kernel version 2.4.16.

I have an sql script that does the following:

[script]
drop table t_bp_measure;
drop sequence t_bp_measure_seq;

create sequence t_bp_measure_seq;

create table t_bp_measure as
(select distinct
nextval ('t_bp_measure_seq') as t_bp_measure_id,
a.type as bp_measure_type,
c.label as bp_measure_label
from sys_dates a, sys_types c
);

[/script]

It has taken about 3 hours to do anything useful and
the error returns:

[error]

[shaunn@hmp makes]$ psql -U web -d bcn -f ./make.bp_measure
psql:./make.bp_measure:7: ERROR:  table "t_bp_measure" does not exist
DROP
CREATE
psql:./make.bp_measure:30: ERROR:  Tuple is too big: size 3866620, max size 8136
psql:./make.bp_measure:36: ERROR:  Relation 't_bp_measure' does not exist

[/error]

I'm not sure as to what this is referring to.  I know I can do
each line separately and get the desired results, but at
this point, I'm not sure what's going on in the above statements;
If I do an 'explain', I am told about how much time was going to be
spent on each part ... but I can't see how that's helpful.  I am
new to the entire Postgres experience ... (the 'explain' sql is
probably a red herring ... probably nothing related to the error).

Thanks!

-X