Re: improving GROUP BY estimation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: improving GROUP BY estimation
Дата
Re: improving GROUP BY estimation  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Another minor gripe is the use of a random URL as justification.  This
>> code will still be around when that URL exists nowhere but the Wayback
>> Machine.  Can't we find a more formal citation to use?

> The article text refers to this 1977 S. B. Yao paper "Approximating
> block accesses in database organizations" which doesn't appear to be
> available online, except behind ACM's paywall at
> http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=359475

Well, a CACM citation is perfectly fine by my lights (especially one
that's that far back and therefore certainly patent-free ...)

Let's use something like this:

See "Approximating block accesses in database organizations", S. B. Yao,
Communications of the ACM, Volume 20 Issue 4, April 1977 Pages 260-261