Re: When do we lose column names?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: When do we lose column names?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 02/07/2012 12:47 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> In general I think we'd have to require that colnames be supplied in all
>> RowExprs if we go this way.  Anyplace that's trying to slide by without
>> will have to be fixed.  I don't recall how many places that is.

> I just had a thought that maybe we could make this simpler by dummying
> up a list of colnames if we don't have one, instead of that assertion.
> Or am I on the wrong track.

Well, if there are more than one or two RowExpr creators for which a
dummy set of colnames is the best we can do anyway, that might be a
reasonable answer.  But I think it would encourage people to be lazy
and let the dummy colnames be used even when they can do better, so
I'd rather not take this as a first-choice solution.