Re: ERROR: unexpected data beyond EOF in block XXXXX of relation "file"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ERROR: unexpected data beyond EOF in block XXXXX of relation "file"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
austijc <jaustin@jasononthe.net> writes:
> The question is can anyone more familiar with this tell me what's going on
> here?  I don't know if this is a Postgres, Sun, or NetApp issue.  Could it
> be a work around for an old Linux bug causing an issue with acceptable
> behavior of the NetApp device?

People who try to run databases over NFS usually regret it eventually ;-)

All I can say is that this error message has never before been reported
by anyone who wasn't exposed to that lseek-inconsistency kernel bug.
I am not finding it too hard to believe that NFS might be vulnerable to
similar misbehavior.