Re: Simplify passing of configure arguments to pg_config

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Simplify passing of configure arguments to pg_config
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Currently, configure puts the configure args into the makefiles and
> then have the makefiles pass them to the build of pg_config.  That looks
> like an unnecessary redirection, and indeed that method was
> put in place when pg_config was a shell script.  We can simplify that
> by having configure put the value into pg_config.h directly.  This
> also makes the standard build system match how the MSVC build system
> already does it.

I dunno, is this really an improvement?  It makes the handling of
VAL_CONFIGURE different from every other one of the values passed
into pg_config, and I don't see any countervailing addition of
some other regularity.  I'm also a bit suspicious of the ad-hoc
escaping step ...