RE: pgAdmin

От Charlie Crissman
Тема RE: pgAdmin
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
One of the developers here have me a hand and showed me what I was doing
wrong.

Thanks, Charlie Crissman
-----Original Message-----
From:     Charlie Crissman
Sent:    Tuesday, January 02, 2001 9:29 AM
To:    Charlie Crissman; 'pgsql-interfaces@postgresql.org'
Subject:    RE: pgAdmin

Dave,

Thanks for the reply.

I downloaded and installed the PostgreSQL ODBC driver (downloaded latest
postdrv.exe and ran it).
I also downloaded and installed the MDAC 2.6.

A couple of questions - what is the difference between a USER DSN and a
SYSTEM DSN?  When I attempt to create a new DSN, I choose a name for it, I
enter the server, database name and the port it is running under.  When I
hit either the USER DSN or SYSTEM DSN button, I don't get an error.  I then
try to login and get a message about the username/password being incorrect.
I am using the same name/password as I use to connect via psql on the
server.  I have tried different cases, but still get the same thing.

Even when I edit my pg_hba.conf so that passwords are not required, I get
the same name/password error.

Thanks, Charlie Crissman