Re: including backend ID in relpath of temp rels - updated patch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: including backend ID in relpath of temp rels - updated patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 5:29 PM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>> What about having autovacuum silenty drop the catalog entry if it's a
>> temp entry for which the underlying file does not exist?

> I think that would be subject to race conditions.

Well, autovacuum's willingness to drop sufficiently old temp tables
would already risk any such race conditions.  However ...

> The current
> mechanism is actually pretty good, and I think we can build on it if
> we want to do more, rather than inventing something new.  We just need
> to be specific about what problem we're trying to solve.

... I agree with this point.  This idea wouldn't fix the concern I had
about the existence of pg_class entries with no underlying file: if that
causes any issues we'd have to fix them anyway.  So I'm not sure what
the gain is.

Сообщение: Re: including backend ID in relpath of temp rels - updated patch
Сообщение: Re: including backend ID in relpath of temp rels - updated patch