Re: somebody working on: Prevent default re-use of sysids for dropped users and groups?

От Matthias Schmidt
Тема Re: somebody working on: Prevent default re-use of sysids for dropped users and groups?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Am 07.12.2004 um 19:24 schrieb Tom Lane:

> Matthias Schmidt <schmidtm@mock-software.de> writes:
>> By the way: Do you have an idea about a small or
>> medium sized task from the TODO-List for a newbee, which gets me up to
>> speed?(!Win32)
>
> A lot of the tasks listed under DATA TYPES are fairly self-contained
> problems ... but what draws your interest?  I think most of the tasks
> that are on TODO are there either because they're hard problems, or
> because nobody was very interested in them.  Unfortunately they are not
> marked as to which is which :-(.  Make a list of things you find
> interesting, and we can tell you if they're very hard or already
> claimed.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Hi Tom,

this is a list of things I'm interested in:

1) Allow administrators to safely terminate individual sessions
  Right now, SIGTERM will terminate a session, but it is treated as  though the postmaster has paniced and shared
memorymight not be  cleaned up properly.  A new signal is needed for safe termination.

2) Add a function that returns the 'uptime' of the postmaster

3) Have SHOW ALL and pg_settings show descriptions for server-side
variables

to be honest I'm only looking for a particular task to get things
started.

cheers,

Matthias

Matthias Schmidt