Re: Function working in PostgreSQL 8.3.6 and not in 7.4.8

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Function working in PostgreSQL 8.3.6 and not in 7.4.8
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
<slapo@centrum.sk> writes:
> It's my second function in pg/plsql I've created and I don't really know why there are no results being returned in
7.4.8.

RETURN QUERY doesn't exist in 7.4, and unfortunately the syntax checking
in that ancient version isn't very tight.  In a function returning set,
it just ignores anything after RETURN unless it's RETURN NEXT.  So it
just sees a RETURN command telling it to exit.