Re: Unable to run psql on 9.5 after broken 12 remove

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Unable to run psql on 9.5 after broken 12 remove
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 7/3/20 8:15 AM, Moreno Andreo wrote:
> Il 03/07/2020 16:51, Adrian Klaver ha scritto:
>> On 7/3/20 1:54 AM, Moreno Andreo wrote:
>>
>> Looks like the cluster was not removed from the pgcommon setup. This
>> would explain why you can't run psql. By default pgcommon looks for
>> the version of psql connected with the most recent version of Postgres
>> it knows about, in this case 12. Unfortunately that binary no longer
>> exists. You still have psql. Do:
>>
>> /usr/lib/postgresql/9.5/bin/psql --help
> OK, it confirms that 9.5 client is still ok
>>
>> To avoid having to do that try:
>>
>> sudo pg_dropcluster  12 main
> This reported a warning

Yeah, I'm guessing the original uninstall clean up process went off the
rails here:

"
Processing triggers for postgresql-common (215.pgdg80+1) ...
Building PostgreSQL dictionaries from installed myspell/hunspell packages...
Removing obsolete dictionary files:
Setting up python3.4 (3.4.2-1+deb8u3) ...
   File "/usr/lib/python3.4/http/client.py", line 1014
     raise InvalidURL(f"URL can't contain control characters. {url!r} "
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
dpkg: error processing package python3.4 (--configure):
"

The below just finished what the above started.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com