Re: Help with RULES - Please!

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Help with RULES - Please!
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
"Jeanna Geier" <jgeier@apt-cafm.com> writes:
> Here is my elementdata.measurement View (as stored in Case Studio):
> Create view "elementdata"."measurement" As
> And here is the update_measurement RULE (as stored in Case Studio):
> CREATE RULE update_measurement AS ON UPDATE
>     TO elementdata.measurement
>     DO INSTEAD (UPDATE element SET height = (new.height_lin / (SELECT

That rule should certainly trap any attempted update to
elementdata.measurement.  I suppose the error message is being thrown
about some other view ... it's unfortunate that it doesn't tell you
which one :-(.  Anyway the message definitely indicates an attempted
update against some view that has not got an unconditional ON UPDATE DO
INSTEAD rule, and this one does.