Problems with pgagent Jobs

От Selber, Heiko
Тема Problems with pgagent Jobs
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hello,
I have two problems with pgagent jobs:

1. Under certain conditions the 'Jobs' icon doesn't appear in the
pgadmin window.

I use postgres 8.0.6 on Fedora core 4 with pgadmin 1.4.2 or 1.4.1 on
FC4, and I installed the postgres DB according to the instructions.
I think that this problem occurs only if a previous version of pgadmin
is present on the same machine. A freshly installed 1.4 seems to work.

On windows I had to deinstall pgadmin, purge everything related I could
find in the registry/file system, and re-install it.

2. When I create a job pgagent doesn't seem to be triggered at all. I
run it with -l 2 in a console, not as a daemon.
It only writes its periodical debug output to the console, but nothing
happens:
DEBUG: Clearing inactive connections
DEBUG: Connection stats: total - 1, free - 0, deleted - 0
DEBUG: Checking for jobs to run
DEBUG: Sleeping...

I don't think I made an obvious mistake because pgagent works on a
second machine with roughly the same configuration.

I believe a fresh install of postgresql would help, but I cannot do it
now.

Where can I look for clues?

BTW: Where would the debug output go when pgagent runs as daemon? I
can't find anything in or near /var/log/messages or
/var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_log.

Thanks,

Heiko