Problem of capital case-insensitive letter with accent

От lan ping
Тема Problem of capital case-insensitive letter with accent
Дата
Re: Problem of capital case-insensitive letter with accent  ("Pavel Stehule" <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi, there

In our database, some customers' names contain French accent like
 É,é,È,è. In one server, case-insensitive search works for capital letters. For example,
SELECT lower('ÉÈ') could return éè . But the other server cannot.

It is very strange, as the two server use the same Fedora linux, and
 the same
 version of Postgres(8.2.4). We all use LATIN1 encoding.

Could you give me a hand? Thank you very much.

Lan