Re: SSD + RAID

От Kenny Gorman
Тема Re: SSD + RAID
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

The FusionIO products are a little different.  They are card based vs trying to emulate a traditional disk.  In terms of volatility, they have an on-board capacitor that allows power to be supplied until all writes drain.  They do not have a cache in front of them like a disk-type SSD might.   I don't sell these things, I am just a fan.  I verified all this with the Fusion IO techs before I replied.  Perhaps older versions didn't have this functionality?  I am not sure.  I have already done some cold power off tests w/o problems, but I could up the workload a bit and retest.  I will do a couple of 'pull the cable' tests on monday or tuesday and report back how it goes.

Re the performance #'s...  Here is my post:

http://www.kennygorman.com/wordpress/?p=398

-kg