Re: Reordering columns in a table

От Ian Harding
Тема Re: Reordering columns in a table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
As I recall, the MS SQL Server draggy droppy diagrammer tool made it
seem trivial to rearrange columns did the same thing.  It just
generated SQL statements to:

Begin transaction
select data in new order into a new table
drop dependent objects
drop old table
rename new table
re-create dependent objects
end transaction

It seemed kinda squirrelly to me, but it worked most of the time since
MSSQL Server had a good dependency tracking thingie.  However, I would
not really call it a feature of the DBMS.  I would call it a bolted on
utility.