Re: PostgreSQL Gotchas

От Ian Harding
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Gotchas
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/8/05, Nikolay Samokhvalov <samokhvalov@gmail.com> wrote:
> I use PostgeSQL less than year. Before I worked with MS SQL Server
> 2000, MySQL 3&4, Oracle8i and Interbase. Also, I studied standards
> SQL:1999 and SQL:2003. So, after switching to PostgreSQL I've
> encountered with several things that seem strange to me. Of course,
> several of them are simply not implemented yet and are in the list of
> unsopported features:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/unsupported-features-sql-standard.html.
> But some seem to be 'old diseases'.
>
> Here is my list of the issues:
> http://chernowiki.ru/Dev/PostgreSQLComparedWithSQL2003AndOracleSQLServerDB2Etc
>
> Perhaps I'm wrong with some issues - any comments are welcome.

From the referenced page...

"We can insert into column of type TIME the value such as '12:15' and
then obtain '12:15:00' making select, but we couldn't do the same with
dates."

Huh?  Minutes and seconds have a valid value of zero.  Months and days
don't.  Date types need to contain a valid date, and time types need
to contain a valid time.  Anything else seems like, well, MySQL.