Re: SLOOOOOOOW

От Ian Harding
Тема Re: SLOOOOOOOW
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 9/6/05, Jürgen Rose <anykey@gmx.de> wrote:

> I did some serious stuff with SQLServer and Interbase, and I had
> **never** those performance problems.

On a laptop?  Under VMWare?

I have used MSSQL Server too, and find PostgreSQL to compare favorably
in most cases.  You may have found a case where it does not.  I have
found PostgreSQL to work fine out of the box in most cases, with the
main 'obscure knob' that needs to be twiddled being sort_mem (or
work_mem for 8.0 and up.)

If you give specifics of your database structure and migration
functions I am sure someone on the list will be able to help you get
reasonable performance.

> enough of ranting, but I'm totally frustrated

It will work out.

- Ian