Re: Carriage return in text fields

От Ian Harding
Тема Re: Carriage return in text fields
Дата
Список pgsql-general
In my experience, there is no way to tell an embedded carriage return
from and end-of-record carriage return other than counting intervening
tabs.

What I do, is fix it in access with a query for (believe it or not)

which returns all records that contain a CR.  I then just delete the
extraneous CR before exporting the data.

If access could use a different record delimiter on export life would
be good, but it doesn't.

You could also run a script on your exported data that would count
TABs on a line before the CR/LF was encountered, and delete any that
appear too early.  I am not smart enough to do that.

Good luck.

Ian