Re: buildfarm build failure: icc7 + --enable-cassert

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: buildfarm build failure: icc7 + --enable-cassert
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Darcy Buskermolen wrote:
>> It looks like --enable-cassert isn't handled properly under icc7
>>
>> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=herring&dt=2004-12-07%2016:30:44

> That is quite a superficial display of the issue.  If you want to get to
> the bottom of this, you need to, uh, dig deeper.

This looks to me like a standard incompatible-version-of-shared-library
issue, specifically, the .so was built with --enable-cassert but the
backend trying to load it was not.  Andrew claims he's designed the
buildfarm test sequence to prevent that sort of problem (by deleting the
missed something.