Re: IN or ANY for batch queries

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: IN or ANY for batch queries
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Alessandro Gherardi <alessandro.gherardi@yahoo.com> writes:
> I'm trying to figure out to which class I should add this enhancement. Ideally, it should be the class associated
withthe earliest release of postgres that supports this functionality. I tried to find out in which release WHERE ... =
ANY(?)was first implemented but have had no luck.

Digging in the git history says it was 7.4:

Author: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
Branch: master Release: REL7_4_BR [bee217924] 2003-06-29 00:33:44 +0000

    Support expressions of the form 'scalar op ANY (array)' and
    'scalar op ALL (array)', where the operator is applied between the
    lefthand scalar and each element of the array.  The operator must
    yield boolean; the result of the construct is the OR or AND of the
    per-element results, respectively.

    Original coding by Joe Conway, after an idea of Peter's.  Rewritten
    by Tom to keep the implementation strictly separate from subqueries.

От: Alessandro Gherardi
Сообщение: Re: IN or ANY for batch queries
От: Vladimir Sitnikov
Сообщение: [pgjdbc/pgjdbc] da831d: perf: avoid string allocation for oid/rowsparsing...