Re: uniquely indexing Celko's nested set model

От Richard Broersma Jr
Тема Re: uniquely indexing Celko's nested set model
Дата
Список pgsql-general
--- On Sat, 10/20/07, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you eliminated other approaches, such as arrays, ltree, etc?

Actually I haven't considered using arrays to store hierarchal information. I've seen ltree mentioned from time to
time.Is it true that it works with adjacency list model?

If the nested set model is chosen, would having a table and index fill factor of 50% be a good idea in this case if
periodicupdates were expected?

Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.