Re: Back-patch use of unnamed POSIX semaphores for Linux?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Back-patch use of unnamed POSIX semaphores for Linux?
Дата
Re: Back-patch use of unnamed POSIX semaphores for Linux?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/6/16 9:53 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> I think we should give serious consideration to back-patching commit
> ecb0d20a9, which changed the default semaphore type to unnamed-POSIX
> on Linux.

Even with that change, dynamic shared memory is still vulnerable to be
removed.  So backpatching the semaphore change wouldn't achieve any new
level of safety for users so that we could tell them, "you're good now".