Re: Images stored in bytea datatype

От Alan Hodgson
Тема Re: Images stored in bytea datatype
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Monday, April 14, 2014 04:40:50 PM ss dev wrote:
> Hello,
>     We are looking at exporting the data from postgres database and import
> it to a different program. On postgres database the images are stored in
> bytea data type. How can I transfer the data from postgres to a tiff
> format. Any help is appreciable.
>
> Thanks,
> Dev.

For whatever language you're using to do it, consult the relevant docs for
accessing bytea fields. They're usually pretty easy for reading, although pay
attention to the PostgreSQL server setting for bytea_output - most older
drivers expect that to be in "escape" format, not the more recent "hex"
format.