Re: [HACKERS] Windows warnings from VS 2017

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Windows warnings from VS 2017
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Windows warnings from VS 2017  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> The speed of memset is hardly going to be the dominating factor in a
> 'CREATE DATABASE' command, so we could certainly afford to change to
> plain memset calls here.

Another thought is that it may be time for our decennial debate about
whether MemSet is worth the electrons it's printed on.  I continue to
think that any modern compiler+libc ought to do an equivalent or better
optimization given just a plain memset().  If that seems to be true
for recent MSVC, we could consider putting an #if into c.h to define
MemSet as just memset for MSVC.  Maybe later that could be extended
to other compilers.